Step 1: Preliminaries
The applicant informs International Non-Olympic Committee-INOC of its intention to apply for membership.
• Potential applicants should use this time to ask questions in order to prepare a complete application file with.
• Before applying for membership, potential applicants are encouraged to check that they their activity falls under International Non-Olympic Committee-INOC’s definition of sport.
• Before starting preparations for the application file, potential candidates should ensure that their sport is different from any sport that is governed by a current International Non-Olympic Committee-INOC Member.
Step 2: Preparing the Application File
The applicant prepares an application file which contains the completed questionnaire (Full Membership, Associate Membership) and all required documents.
• Candidates should ensure that they fill out the application questionnaire for the current year, as this form is updated each year in the spring. The first page of the questionnaire shows for which year it is valid.
• Should the applicant wish to start preparing its file before the new questionnaire has been published, it is encouraged to use last year’s questionnaire as a guideline. The candidate will however be asked to fill in the new questionnaire and provide all documents as requested by the new questionnaire before submitting its file.
Step 3: Submitting the Application File
The application file should be received by International Non-Olympic Committee-INOC by the stated deadline date, which is set for 9 months before the next International Non-Olympic Committee-INOC General Assembly. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
The deadline for 2018 applicants is 31 December 2017.
An application fee corresponding to the annual membership fee paid by current International Non-Olympic Committee-INOC Members must be paid along with the submission of the application materials by the application deadline. Please note that the International Non-Olympic Committee-INOC Council may increase the amount of this application fee if the costs of the review of an incomplete or unclear file are considered to be onerous.
|Full Membership||Associate Membership|
|US$ 25,000||US$ 15,000|
Application fees are not reimbursed for incomplete or rejected files or as a consequence of non-acceptance by the International Non-Olympic Committee-INOC General Assembly.
Step 4: Review by the International Non-Olympic Committee-INOC Council
The IF Recognition and Relations Department makes a preliminary review of the application file based on the membership criteria and reports to the Council. The Council reviewed report is then presented to current Members at the next General Assembly.
Step 5: Decision by the General Assembly
The General Assembly reviews the report on the applicant and votes on whether to accept or reject the membership application.